Small businesses and startups face a myriad of management challenges for their most important asset, its people. With fragmented and disjointed equity and people software in the marketplace, teams need a better solution.
Roots Technology is disrupting and solving universal entrepreneurial pain points by launching Sprout, a comprehensive suite of stakeholder management software-as-a-service. Sprout will empower founders and teams to easily manage critical equity and people information, creating a single source of truth.
Roots was founded by an ex-Uber Asia executive and a China product & engineering leader with a combined 35 years of global startup experience launching companies to scale and managed hundreds of people. We were selected to join the June 2019 cohort of the Hong Kong Cyberport Incubation Program.
We are looking to add talented individuals to our founding team -- start from the ground up to build and launch the very rocket ship in which you will ride. Join us in our mission to help teams better manage their stakeholders.
For What We Are Hiring:
We’re looking for a person who is a skilled UX / UI Designer to design, launch and improve versions of our platform. You are obsessed about designing beautiful and intuitive interfaces and looking for a new adventure.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a startup and learn the best practices from Silicon Valley and China against the backdrop of a traditionally financial hub as Hong Kong. We are building stakeholder management tools for teams so we will lead by example with a world class culture that promotes diversity and inclusion and enable our people to reach their maximum potential.
What You Will Do:
- Research, design, prototype new user experience in collaboration with the product manager and/or creative director.
- Deliver user cases and scenarios, wireframe & prototypes, mockups of screens and flows, visual assets’ production, documentation of design AI and style guidelines for implementation.
- Handle a fast-paced, ever-changing, and deadline-driven environment.
- Present and communicate designs and deliverables to peers and executives.
- First and foremost, you should have an uncommon eye for design. You should know great web UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!).
- You are a Photoshop ninja. You should also be fluent in Illustrator and whatever you use to create wireframes.
- You have a proven track record of designing UX/UI aspects of a product from start to finish.
- You should have at least a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS. If you can cut up your own comps, even better.
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction and who learns and understands by asking the right questions.
- You should have a legit portfolio of web application design with bonus points for SaaS projects. We want to see that you've built great web interfaces before, not just great websites.
- Experience in designing icons and vector illustrations with bonus points for UI animation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferably with Mandarin speaking skills.
- Advanced degree (ie MFA) in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Visual Communication or equivalent is preferred.
- You are a transparent team player with strong ethical and moral beliefs.
Benefits and Perks
- This is a complete western startup environment with a combination of cash and a significant equity stake, based on the candidate’s previous experience.
- We will be expanding to offer a full range of benefits, including MPF, full health insurance and other reimbursement programs.
- Other perks will include a fun, comfortable working environment with catered lunches, yummy snacks to refuel and of course, high quality coffees and teas to keep you powered.